Monday, December 26, 2011

Our Case Manager

With the holidays winding down, there's more time for relaxation and reflection, at least in our household. I've been looking back at my life, compared to the last year or two, and sadly, I can see changes that point to increased dementia in my husband. I don't want to recognize the signs, but they are glaringly present, and must be addressed and dealt with. These are not pleasant observations, but necessary ones for the ongoing task of caregiving for him.

Fortunately, God is in the caregiving business too, and His omniscience allows Him to constantly assess our situations and needs. We don't know the future, but this wise and all-powerful God does, and it's much less daunting for me to know that He is "on the watch". We couldn't have a better "case manager."

I pray that all my loved ones will allow God to orchestrate their lives. And He graciously does just that, when we totally and unconditionally surrender our lives to Him for that purpose. Don't wait another day to give Him the "reins" of your life. He will steer you through the roughest waters. It may be a rough ride, but He will see you all the way to our destination with Him, where all the worries in this life will fade into nothingness.

No comments: