Monday, December 12, 2011

True Sisters

The other day I was shopping in the store with my daughter and two granddaughters. I saw some house slippers that fit the oldest granddaughter, but not the youngest one. So, I got the ones for the three-year-old and not the one-year-old. Figuring she wasn't aware enough yet to mind not getting something when her sister did.

I was rather surprised to have her mother tell me as soon as they got to their car that the older sister was upset that little sister didn't get something too. I hadn't counted on her awareness and sensitivity to the needs of her sister.

There are many people who depend on others to look after their needs. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ, yet how often are we overlooking the fact that we have plenty and they are struggling? Lord, help me to be sensitive to the needs of those around me, and not focused on my own desires and wishes, especially during this holiday season.

No comments: