Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Gift of Love

Christmas Eve and like children all over the world, I am having a hard time falling back to sleep. It's not the excitement of presents in the morning, because we had our family gathering and gift sharing earlier this evening and my daughter's family have left for home hours ago.

I think it's mostly just thoughts and prayers for our family that keep me awake tonight. Granted, I probably have physical insomnia issues (like with the meds I'm on), but I try to use this non-sleep as a time of meditation and prayer for loved ones anyway.

Do our loved ones know how much we do care about them? If the current holiday season serves no other purpose than to connect us with loving ties to those we care about in our lives, it will be well worth the commercial hoopla, even if Jesus' name was never heard. For God is love... Let's share love this Christmas, or whatever you call the time of year. It's the only gift worth giving or receiving. Let it come with each package you open or wrap.

No comments: