Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sweet Respite

Today was a "me" day and I basked in the freedom this day at home all alone brought me. I left lights on in rooms I had vacated. The toilet seat stayed in one place with the lid up and the seat down. I ate my dessert before my dinner. I even had cranberry sauce on my oatmeal in the morning. I read a book whenever I felt like it and didn't even look at any bills or my checkbook. Amazingly the phone didn't ring while I was in the shower. Oh, sweet respite when my hubby goes to his adult day program once a week!

My daughter called later in the morning and wanted me to go shopping with her and to the library. I was going to the library anyway, so I said sure. I got to spend quality time with her and my two little granddaughters for a few hours. Who could ask for anything more?

Of course, I can't forget the respite time God gave us at creation. The Sabbath was given to us for just this purpose too. So we can break away from the world on the special day He blessed and spend it with Him. Jesus told us the Sabbath was made for man. Are we using it for the purpose He intended? Don't throw away His gift. Use it wisely, and you can have a delightful respite just like I did today.

No comments: