Friday, December 30, 2011

Fresh Eyes

Our entry into a new year is beginning with new doctors for both Dean and I. We saw one of the doctors today, a first visit, and I think the change will be good. Not that our previous doctors weren't good doctors, but after years I just felt that we needed someone to take a fresh look at our health issues and perhaps see something the other doctors missed.

In a similar way, as a writer and proofreader, I find that someone going over your work after you think you are done almost always turns up some errors that were made. Ones that you may have read over a thousand times yourself and missed.

It makes me want to have Jesus, the Great Physician, take a look at my life every day. Please, Lord Jesus, use your "fresh eyes" and uncover anything I need to correct and likewise change the treatment plan for my sin-sick soul, if needed.

No comments: