Saturday, December 17, 2011

Remedies

Mr. Nasty Cold still has his grip, but so far I haven't bowed to his power over my lungs. I'm using a nebulizer (machine to deliver drugs to my lungs, like for asthmatics), a cough expectorant, and antihistamines. Although I hate using so many medications, it's the only way I can keep from going to the hospital with my colds. Did I mention I have restricted lungs from scoliosis?

Just for the record, I'm also using the natural remedies of water, diet, fresh air, rest, and trust in God. And when this cold's over, I'll try getting the sunshine and exercise part again. We don't often think of these as medicines, but they actually do aid in our recovery, and more important they work as prevention!

I've always been amazed at how resilient our bodies are and yet how delicate its composition. Today, the seventh day to "remember" our Creator (see the Fourth Commandment), we often look at God through nature, but part of that nature is our created bodies. How wonderful that of all creation, our bodies can be "born again", or recreated. What a wonderful God we serve!

No comments: