Saturday, February 18, 2012

Church at Home

Due to some medicine changes, we stayed at home today instead of going to church. It felt like church though as Dean led us through song service. Kind of nice getting to make all the song selections ourselves. Then after prayer, I read a mission story from a church magazine. We stopped in the middle of it, just because we wanted to. Then I taught from the lesson I had prepared for my class at church. There was alot of class participation, even though Dean WAS the class. After an opening song and prayer again, termed by Dean as the invocation, Dean announced that the church ladies would go to the basement at that time to begin preparing for our dinner later. Holding in a chuckle, I took this as my signal to start dinner, while Dean listened to a Bible CD reading of the book of Romans.

Not long after our dinner, but long enough for Dean to begin asking what else there was to eat, someone from church came by and blessed us with a couple of plates of food from the fellowship dinner at church. After they left, I laid down for a short nap, while Dean blessed himself by eating one of the plates of food and most of the desserts.

All in all, it felt like a pretty normal Sabbath in the Thompson household. Which just shows that you can take Dean out of the church, but you can't take the church out of Dean. And truly, I wouldn't want him any other way.

1 comment:

Joy said...

That was sweet service. How thoughful of the person to drop by with food for the both of you. God watches over you, but you know that.