Friday, February 17, 2012

I'd Better Listen


I made several car trips today and with the weather so nice, it was a joy to bring my little doggy companion along. She sits very dignified on my lap while I'm driving, all five pounds of her looking out the window. I half expect her to tell me if any cars are coming on the left when we're at stop signs. She thinks she's helping me drive, I'm sure.

I want Jesus to be the "driver" of my life. But I hope, in my efforts to be close to Him, I don't restrict His steering. Just as Minnie can get in the way at times, I probably do cramp His style and make His driving more difficult, when I think I'm doing nothing but being a help.

There is a more comfortable seat for Minnie though, and sometimes she takes advantage of it. There's a perfect ledge for her on the top of the back seat which gets all the sun's rays through the back window. And the view is much more inclusive. I should encourage her to use this lovely perch more.

Do you think Jesus has a better place for me to sit? I better listen to His directions. I heard my husband say to a pastor once, "Are you a man of God?...Then I'd better listen." Wise words for a man with dementia.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Would be nice if all your congregation felt that way, huh? Idaho may not have it all together, but he does have it all, right? The part that counts.