Thursday, February 2, 2012

Creative Caregiving

I've lost track of how many visits we've made to the podiatrist to see how Dean's foot has healed since he fractured it last summer. Today was another visit, but we surprised the doctor with a stubbed little toe that now shows a fracture too. Oh, woe is me, does it ever end?!

Mostly his "treatment" has been protective footwear of some kind that Dean is sporadic in wearing. Today, she recommended a post-op surgical shoe, just to give the toe some support and protection. But insurance wouldn't cover it, so I resorted to Wally-World and found some slippers that will just have to suffice. Being a caregiver has certainly challenged my powers of creativity.

In mapping out our lives, I wonder how many times God has had to adjust our "treatment plans" because we aren't fully complying with His ordained plan, or maybe the needed remedies are not available to us. I really do believe that God is watching diligently over all the details of our life too. First Peter 5:7 says, "Let him have all our worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you." The Living Bible

I'm familiar with alot of caregiver resources in the community, but not one claims it will take on ALL my worries and cares. What a gem of a resource! And it just begs to be shared!

No comments: