Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Appreciation List

I feel a need tonight to tell the world what I appreciate about my husband. His faith in God's care is strong. He finds it easy to witness about God to others and often does. He loves going to church. He likes to read, especially anything religious. He finds it easy to forgive, and not hesitant to ask for forgiveness. He often tells me he loves me and appreciates all I do as his caregiver. He knows his weaknesses and tries to stay humble. He doesn't complain about his limitations (and with dementia, they seem to be growing every day).

There are many more qualities I could mention, but there were events in our day that caused me to go to "my appreciation list" which I have had for almost a year now. He is still all these things, thank God. And I just pray that whatever is in our future, I can look on this day and many others with pride in who my husband is and was.

He may be losing his memory, but I pray to hold on to my remembrances of good times for the both of us.

No comments: