Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shock from the Electric Company

The most distasteful part of my day was having to call the electric company and ask them why I was given a disconnect notice yesterday. I was totally positive it was all a mistake. I looked up my last two months' check stubs for the bills I had paid. They were both paid in full and on time. So, how could I possibly get a bill for over two hundred dollars and be disconnected?

To my dismay, I learned that I missed one payment last fall. I vaguely remember a check coming back in the mail as undeliverable for some reason. But I must have assumed that it would be corrected on next month's bill. Unfortunately this caused me to go off the budget plan (where I only paid about $60 every month) and get charged the actual amount of usage for last month.

So, my advice is don't mess with the I.R.S. and also don't mess with the electric company. But really and truly, my advice is don't assume you're right, even when you think you are. Period.

And the same goes for God. You may think you are right and good in His eyes. But give Him a prayer call. He just might have to set you straight on a few things. It's a humbling experience.

No comments: