Monday, April 16, 2012

The Big Tease

I found out today that my doctor is a big tease. He told me three weeks ago that my foot should take six weeks to heal and that maybe I could throw away my "boot" by then. Well, today was the end of six weeks, but he said at my appointment that it wouldn't hurt to keep the "boot" on two more weeks. I'm tired of this moon-walking hobble. It will be so nice to walk like normal again.

Like so many other things in our life, we don't know what we're missing until we do without it. Who would have guessed that one little foot not operating would affect so many areas of my life.

The church of Christ is referred to as the body of Christ. This emphasizes how much each of the members is needed to make the church function properly. When we fail to do our part, others have to take up the slack. No wonder it's taking so long for the gospel to be spread to the whole world. Jesus is waiting for us to get our act together and start behaving like one unified body.

For now, I'll just have to lace up and wear the dreaded "boot" and pray for continued healing. That's about all we can do in our churches too. Work with what we've got and pray for strength to make it to the end.

No comments: