Friday, April 27, 2012

The Captain

I think I'm going to have to place myself as Captain of the Patches. Dean got some pain patches from the doctor to wear over his cracked ribs, but he's supposed to have the patch on twelve hours and off twelve hours. We are already off schedule because he put one on today when I wasn't looking and it wasn't time yet. Hmm, what am I going with that man? I know, hide the patches!

Are there things in my life I should be hiding from me? Of course, food items first come to mind. If only someone would hide certain foods from me in the grocery store. But no, God grants me the power of choice and as long as I'm capable of making those choices, I will be responsible for staying away from those temptations.

But God doesn't leave us to face them alone. He's just a prayer away. I think He'd even help hide them if we asked. Lord, be Captain of My Temptations.

No comments: