Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pretty Salad

Highlight of my day was making a salad for dinner. I made it special by tearing the lettuce by hand, instead of cutting it, and slicing the vegetables extra thin for my husband's chewing ease. The end result was quite colorful and attractive, especially in the big crystal bowl I use for special occasions.

They say that food tastes better if it looks pretty. As a matter of fact, all our senses seem to be mysteriously connected. God must have understood that principle when you think about all the colors that make up natural foods. They not only taste good, but look good. And don't forget the smells and texture (for touching) of what God has given us to eat. Variety is the key to eating healthy.

And now, after hearing my blog so far tonight, I must share with you my husband's diagnosis for his increased appetite and weight gain. He said that since he has lost several of his senses due to the brain injury, the Lord has given him extra taste buds to make up for it.

There's one sense my husband has not lost, his sense of humor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh is that how it works!! lol Maybe that's my problem!

Teresa said...

Yeah, I think it's mine too! lol