Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Who's Steering?


I went shopping today again with my daughter and two granddaughters. The littlest one was riding with me on the power cart, sitting so still and being so good. But then she got to playing with the horn. Discovered just where and how to push it. Next thing I know she's taking over the steering too!

Good thing I was just a bit stronger than she was and kept us running safely down the middle of the aisles and not bumping into the shelves. She was having so much fun trying to wrest the steering away from Grandma, but her sister and I were laughing and enjoying it as much as she was. The joy for her came from doing something Grandma was supposed to do and getting away with it, even though I was the one who had the cart under control.

How often do we think we can steer better than God too? I imagine He humors us somewhat, letting us think we are in charge, even though He is really the strong one and is keeping our life on the straight path. Just like I kept our cart from crashing into anything. God will gladly be in control for us, if we ask Him to. Is there really a safer way to travel?

No comments: