Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Royal Treatment

The highlight of my day was grocery shopping with my daughter and her two little girls. One of them, Jenna, age 3, had two pigtails today, and with her blonde, curly hair, she reminded me of Ellie Mae on The Beverly Hillbillies. My injured foot required me to use a motorized cart, so Jenna stationed herself by my cart so she could retrieve the items from the shelf and put them in my basket. Julia, the one-year-old, entertained me with her latest word--the sound of a rooster, "cocka-do". Then, of course, Kayla, my daughter, did all the bagging and loading of groceries into the car. I felt like a queen with my three beautiful ladies-in-waiting. It was worth hurting my foot to get this kind of royal treatment.

Perhaps this is why the Lord is so anxious for us to get to heaven. He's preparing a place for us there, and I get the impression that it will be a place fit for a king. He knows we have been through a lot on this planet of sin. He will do all He can to make up for what we have suffered. And all that suffering will require some pretty grand royal treatment.

As I felt nothing but praise and joy for my three benefactors today, we will sing glorious praise to our Lord Jesus and throw our crowns at His feet in appreciation for our heavenly reward. It will be worth more than the hurt foot. It will make up for a lifetime of pain.

No comments: