Monday, April 2, 2012

Double Dose

Last night I woke up around 2 a.m. and couldn't, for the life of me, get back to sleep. I laid there about an hour, then checked my blood pressure to see if it was running high--that sometimes keeps me awake. It wasn't high, so I decided a bite to eat might help me sleep. While I was waiting for the toaster, I took Dean's pill organizer off the microwave, as I'm accustomed to doing several times a day, and was shocked to see that he had already taken his morning pills! How terrifying to think that he must have double dosed himself earlier that night. As I went back to bed, after checking up on Dean to see if he was still breathing, all I could do was praise God for leading me to the pill organizer the way He did.

The nurse told me this morning that Dean may have more confusion and dementia symptoms for a few days following a trip like we had, but now I know to keep a much closer eye on his pills. What a wonderful God we have to keep me awake until I discovered what had happened.

Psalms 121:4 says "Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep." What a comfort to know He's always there.

No comments: