Thursday, April 5, 2012

Look, Mom, No Walker!

The last two days I have been weaning myself off the walker and walking on my own, with the boot preferably. A lot of swelling has gone down, and it feels comfortable enough after almost five weeks of hobbling around with it. Next week, the doctor said I could probably do without the boot if the X-ray looks alright. Hooray!

It feels strange to walk on my own, but I have missed being able to carry things that didn't fit into the pockets of the walker. Like laundry, a plate of food, the dog dish, a trash can. My work-free days are at an end, it seems. Back to the old grind. I'm a very independent person though, and it's nice to be able to do everything myself again.

I think the Lord knew I needed this short amount of time to let me know that I am not only needed, but that I need someone too. The extra time laying around also allowed me to look at how much I need God. Truly, God has been there, overseeing the whole situation. He arranged for it to be my left foot so I can still drive. The pain wasn't unbearable, and the healing seems to be happening in a timely manner. Many friends I know have not been so fortunate with their falls. I thank God for watching over me and allowing only as much as I could bear.

No comments: